Thursday, May 28, 2009

When I decided to join the Peace Corps...

The summer after I graduated I was deciding to get my master’s in special or physical education, begin teaching, or travel and teach. I found the Peace Corps my best option after talking with my friend Cecy. She said how going into missionary volunteer work really helped her grow as a person. Therefore, after reading and researching all about the Peace Corps I loved everything that the Peace Corps offered. I knew right away that this is what I would do after college. I wanted all of it - immersion into a culture, language, service, challenge, travel, independence, teaching, and knowing what it is like to be the minority. It just sounds as if it were a perfect fit for me. I am looking forward to being immersed in a new country, culture, and language. I will also get to gain more teaching experience. The benefits of the Peace Corps are really amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment