Saturday, August 14, 2010

Home in North Wildwood, NJ

I traveled up to Belize City and stayed with Christine. She was traveling the day before me; however, she said I could stay at her house. I enjoyed the night before she left I got to catch up with her and hear about how Belize City is and how teacher training was going up there. Surprisingly to me she loves Belize City. Belize City makes me a little nervous because there are so many reporting of crimes there. I am glad I am pretty safe in my village (knock on wood…and say a prayer).
So again I had a complicated flight sequence. I was going to take Maya Island Air to Cancun. Then I would take Spirit Airlines from Cancun to Fort Lauderdale and then to NJ. However, Maya Island Air was late right off the bat; hence why I missed my Spirit flight. I had to talk to the people in charge of Spirit Airlines. They said there was not another flight I could take until tomorrow. I had to pay 100 dollars to change my flight and then I had to pay 100 dollars for a hotel in Cancun. I stayed at the Marriot in Cancun which was gorgeous. I loved there swimming pool and gym. There food was fine dining but not that expensive that goodness. I wish someone was with me to enjoy the hotel with me.

The positive thing about missing my flight was that I got to talk to Cecy for free for about 3 ½ hours!!! I am extremely happy that I got to catch up with her. It has been a year since I have seen her. I talk to her for about 20 minutes maybe every two months. But, we don’t get to say everything that we want to say. So now I cam caught up to date on her life and she knows more about my Peace Corps experience in Belize.

I finally made the trip from Cancun to Fort Lauderdale then I had a 9hour layover. I couldn’t wait to just be home. Then when I arrived in Atlantic City I was sooo surprised!!! I was greeted by my mom, my grammom, my best friend Paula and Mike, as well of course Andrew Husenica!!! Ahhh it was sooo exciting to see them. It has been 10 months since I last saw them.

After we drove home I hung out with Paula, Mike and Andrew all night I was too energized to sleep.


Stuck in Cancun... however, pool and gym... AWESOME



Paula my surprise guest... and best friend
Mike and Andrew...




Disclaimer This website expresses the views of Grace Boswell, who is entirely responsible for its content. It does not express the views of the United States government, the Belize government, the Peace Corps or any other institutions named or linked to on these pages.

No comments:

Post a Comment