Saturday, August 14, 2010

Ocean Drive =OD… a fun bar and club

Andrew has an awesome job this summer working at the OD. I went to SIC (Sea Isle City) a lot this trip home. It was bizarre listening to all this music I don’t know. All the latest hits, which I used to know all the words to every song when I left.
I got to party with Maura, Bear, Lea and Hoff. First at the beach and then at the OD! It was great to see them. I had a blast. Lea taught me the words to all the songs lol.

The most special moment at the OD was when Andrew requested LauraLea (an awesome singer) to play one of her own songs for me!!! It was so memorable… I cried. Thank you again Andrew!

The last day I was in the states I went to an OD BBQ it was lots of fun. They had corn whole and a new game I just learned about.

It was hard to say bye to all my family and friends again. It was harder this time than a year ago because I was so excited about Peace Corps. Now I know what to expect and it is kinda old news even though I love this Peace Corps Belize experience. It is just sad to leave loved ones.

Side note: A lot was bizarre when I went home. Seeing stop lights, traffic, super markets and the excess in the United States.






Disclaimer This website expresses the views of Grace Boswell, who is entirely responsible for its content. It does not express the views of the United States government, the Belize government, the Peace Corps or any other institutions named or linked to on these pages.

No comments:

Post a Comment