Thursday, October 28, 2010

Hurricanes Galore!!!

Hurricane Paula coming to Belize….


Tuesday October 12, 2010

In September there was a hurricane Matthew coming to Belize. Peace Corps had all Toledo district volunteers go to PG… which was kinda silly because it is closer to the sea than some of us had been in their villages. We were stayed at the PG Charelton Hotel for about 3 days. It was like a fun vacation. I got hot water, internet, tv, and to hang out with peace corps! Thanks to Kevina we got free hair cuts and makeovers!

On Monday night we got texts saying we are on alert that there is another hurricane headed towards Belize. My principal texted me that there will be no school Tuesday because of the hurricane. I felt like it was a snow day in the states lol!

However, when I woke up that morning my principal texted me and said there is school. The hurricane has passed.

So I had preschool, but I only had 2 children because everyone thought there was no school because that is what the radio said.

When I got home from preschool I started to feel nauseous. I then vomited 4x….

Consolidation pics....










Disclaimer This website expresses the views of Grace Boswell, who is entirely responsible for its content. It does not express the views of the United States government, the Belize government, the Peace Corps or any other institutions named or linked to on these pages.

No comments:

Post a Comment