Thursday, October 28, 2010

My first Belizean Wedding

August 22, 2010


After Tabacco Caye I had to hurry and make it to Indian Creek for a wedding I was invited to. It was one of the villagers in Laguna wedding. It was my first wedding I have attended in Belize. It was very nice. This wedding took place at the Catholic Church. The after party was at the groom’s house. They had caldo and pooch, which is a traditional maya meal (that I have very often). They make caldo for most special occasions. For example, wedding, baptisms, and when they plant corn at the plantation.

After the wedding I had to rush home to have a preschool meeting at 4pm. It was to discuss how many days we would have preschool, what the school name would be, and how much we would charge the parents. We decided to have the preschool open Monday through Friday from 9:30am-12pm. The school would be called Chabil Chahim, which in K’ekchi means beautiful stars. The meeting was a success and I cannot wait to open it on September 1!
















Disclaimer This website expresses the views of Grace Boswell, who is entirely responsible for its content. It does not express the views of the United States government, the Belize government, the Peace Corps or any other institutions named or linked to on these pages.

No comments:

Post a Comment