Friday, August 12, 2011

Blessing of the new pastors house

Sunday July 10, 2011
Today Frank and I woke up very early to help the women cook and prepare for today’s church service- the blessing of the new pastor’s house. Frank got a lot of GREAT pictures this morning. The women cooked from 5am to 8am. Then frank and I went back to my house to have some breakfast and then we headed back to the ceremony. It was a long ceremony from 8:30am to 11:30am. The ceremony included singing, guitar playing and preaching and of course the blessing of the house. After the blessing of the house we all ate chicken Caldo and pooch. I was surprised Frank liked it. I didn’t like pooch when I first arrived…it didn’t have much flavor but, now it has grown on me, but Frank said he liked it. I think he would do well here as a PCV in Laguna!



 
After the ceremony Frank was able to take photos of the ladies washing the dishes in the creek (which is common here in Laguna)! I am lucky enough to have a pipe at my house so I don’t have to wash my dishes in the creek anymore; however, when I first arrived I did.








Disclaimer This website expresses the views of Grace Boswell, who is entirely responsible for its content. It does not express the views of the United States government, the Belize government, the Peace Corps or any other institutions named or linked to on these pages.

No comments:

Post a Comment