Monday, September 26, 2011

Getting ready for school and Erica’s farewell party!

Saturday September 3, 2011
Today I helped Bernadina set up her Std. 3 classroom at San Marcus. She is beginning her internship to finish her associate’s degree. I am excited for her because I remember my internship a couple years ago. She is quite nervous.  There was lots of work that needed to be done. The teachers before them like to leave their classroom dirty.


After I began to help Bernadina I then went to PG that night to go Erica’s going away party. She had such a great party at her host mother’s house. It was a big Garifuna celebration with drumming and BBQ! It was very touching and sentimental! We all said our good bye toast… I will miss you Erica… but, since we live the closest in the states I think we will continue to be close good friends!










Disclaimer This website expresses the views of Grace Boswell, who is entirely responsible for its content. It does not express the views of the United States government, the Belize government, the Peace Corps or any other institutions named or linked to on these pages.

No comments:

Post a Comment