Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Public Meeting at the Community Center

Sunday September 25, 2011
Today I went to Laguna’s public meeting today in the community center. Halfway through the meeting the chairman announced that I will be leaving soon (2 weeks exactly!). Therefore, I gave a little speech saying how much I will miss Laguna! I also discussed recent projects I am finishing up….At the school I gave my last few workshops, I helped finish the handbook, and update the mission and vision statement. I was sad to announce that the government will not be taking over the preschool. Therefore, all the preschool resources will be stamped Laguna Government School and handed over to the Primary School in the next week. My GLOW group is handed over to Ms. Bernadina and Ms. Maria to run it once I leave the village (I am so happy it is continuing—sustainability!!!) The women’s group project is finishing up and we accomplished all our goals. Also, there are 6 barrels on the way from the states. The barrels contain 9 computers and educational resources.
Lastly I invited the villagers to visit me at my house and that I would be around to say my final goodbyes!

Laguna Village Community Center

Disclaimer This website expresses the views of Grace Boswell, who is entirely responsible for its content. It does not express the views of the United States government, the Belize government, the Peace Corps or any other institutions named or linked to on these pages.

No comments:

Post a Comment