Sunday, February 5, 2012

Finishing up my PC Service

Thursday October 13, 2011

Today I got a lot accomplished. I finished up my final interviews with the country director. It all went extremely well!
I can’t believe 2 years are gone. I remember how high my spirits were when I joined Peace Corps! They are shaken a little because I don’t have a plan for what is next! I feel like I am in limbo!

The past few weeks have been amazing. The women’s group was so grateful for the all the help I provided them. The teachers (Mr. Garcia and Ms. Rose) even cried on my last day at Laguna Government School (and of course I cried too). I cried a lot on the last week in the village between delivering the cards, farewell parties, and the Sacul’s wedding.

Monday and Tuesday I spent time with my amazing host family and LCF. I had such a great time besides the night I vomited the whole night away from the popusas (a Mexican food) Heather and I had at the snack shack by the Peace Corps office.

The last week at the Peace Corps Office was crazy busy with signatures and handing papers in, saying goodbyes and medical evaluations, and final interviews! It is all over…. Wow. I am glad I did it. Peace Corps was a challenge, but an amazingly rewarding job!!!! J






Disclaimer This website expresses the views of Grace Boswell, who is entirely responsible for its content. It does not express the views of the United States government, the Belize government, the Peace Corps or any other institutions named or linked to on these pages.

No comments:

Post a Comment