Friday, September 11, 2009

The Plan for my Weekend in San Ignacio!

Friday September 11, 2009

Today we go to the Peace Corps office. We are going to walk to the Peace Corps office early in the morning.
The agenda is:
8:30-10:30 We have a session on working with youth with the PCV (Peace Corps Volunteers) and Guest speakers.
10:30-12: HIV/AIDS with PCMO (Peace Corps Medical Officer) Jackie
Then before lunch we get more shots! (Rabies 2 Vaccine and Walk around money during lunch!
12-1 Lunch
1-2 After lunch we have a session with Bran on Development in Belize.
2:15-3:15 Crime Risk Factor Session with SSC and PCV’s.
3:30-4:30 HIV/AIDS initiative and committee.
4:30-5:00 Site logistics.
Self Assessment due today, as well.
Then after the session I will travel with Terra a PCV from PC office to site. We will go to dinner at a local site in San Ignacio… I get to spend the weekend with a Peace Corps Volunteer.

Saturday September 12, 2009
We will go to the market to buy groceries for the week. I will also get to practice the local language. Terra and I will have breakfast at the market.
Then she will take me exploring in CAYO!!! I cant wait. We will then cook dinner and then we will get a CAYO twist (soy ice cream, she said it is sooo good!)

Sunday September 13, 2009
We will get up early and cook breakfast. After breakfast we will do some laundry and then enjoy hammock time (which I have not done yet) I have not had time to lay down and relax. Even though we have three hammocks in my host family’s house!
After that we will cook lunch and then go to the movie theater… for only 4 dollars (which is really 2 U.S. dollars… things are sooo cheap here)
Then we might go swimming at one of the local resorts. I really hope we do that! Then cook dinner… I am going to be an awesome cook when I get back in the states. Lol
Monday September 14, 2009
Today we will get up and cook breakfast. Then we will go to Terras office where she works on her project. However, I will probably not meet her counterparts because they tend not to be there on Mondays. We will then have lunch with Ms. Sue and then I will travel back to site!



Disclaimer
This website expresses the views of Grace Boswell, who is entirely responsible for its content. It does not express the views of the United States government, the Belize government, the Peace Corps or any other institutions named or linked to on these pages.

No comments:

Post a Comment