Wednesday, September 2, 2009

We even train on Saturdays!

Saturday August 29th, 2009
Today I woke up at 6:30a.m. to go to training on a SATURDAY! (The kids did not understand why I was going to school on a Saturday.) Anyway, we had a delicious breakfast… I showered outside with a bucket and water… my shampoo and soap. Then I went off to class.
We began today with language and culture: community part 1 continued and community part 2. We mapped the Mayan Mopan community, as a group and then individually… (While also learning many more Kekchi words!
Then I went home for lunch we had noodles and stir fried vegetables with cantaloupe juice. I hung up the community map in my host family home and we all stood around discussing it. After lunch Marah walked me to the local store to buy some soap powder for laundary, which I will start tomorrow.
Then I went back to the resource center to have a daily chat on discussing the community mapping experience, as well as PACA and schools!
Now I at home and really want to take a nap! However, I played outside with the kids… we played “down by the bank where the hanky panky where the bull frog jump from bank to bank say eh ah eh ah ah the frog went kuplunk.” Then they played “see saw” made out of a log and a piece of plywood. This little boy Gabriel joined our group.
Then I MADE TORTILLAS they taught me how to make flour tortillas!!!! Another skill I am going to learn in the Peace Corps is hopefully COOKING…. Because in the states I am the world’s worst cook… ask anyone! Hahaha After dinner I had the case of the giggles… because Celestino left his banana peel on the ground and then his little brother Lorenzo slipped and feel on it. I felt really bad… however, I could not stop laughing because I have never seen that in real life…. I have only seen that happen in cartoons.
Disclaimer
This website expresses the views of Grace Boswell, who is entirely responsible for its content. It does not express the views of the United States government, the Belize government, the Peace Corps or any other institutions named or linked to on these pages.

No comments:

Post a Comment