Monday, December 28, 2009

Christmas Eve: Baking ALL Day and Attending a 4 hour K’ekchi Mass


The Corn Mill

Baking Tortillas

My Shan... in English Granny

The Fire Heart... where all cooking takes place


Making bread

My Host Mom... teaching me how to make bread, cake, and tamales

Thursday December 24, 2009

On Christmas Eve I baked all day. I learned how to make bread, cake, and tamales. It was a long tiring day.

At 7 I went and visited Mr. Moh. I had some coconut bread and coffee (even though I don’t drink coffee). They put so much sugar in their coffee.

After that I went to K’ekchi mass with Carmelita. They sung and preached in K’ekchi. We did have a break to give our gifts. We did a KK (we call it secret santa or Pollyanna). KK stands for Kris Kringle. I had Rosa and she had me. I gave her an activity book, pencil, pencil case, sharpener, and a bingo game. She gave me a koshtal (mayan purse), and two pretty bracelets.

The ladies asked me stay until midnight (I was so exhausted, but I did stay because they invited me). I stayed and then had tamales and donuts at midnight (I never eat that late…)

Then I reached home at 1 am and went straight to bed… to wait for Santa… hehhe


Disclaimer
This website expresses the views of Grace Boswell, who is entirely responsible for its content. It does not express the views of the United States government, the Belize government, the Peace Corps or any other institutions named or linked to on these pages.

No comments:

Post a Comment