Monday, December 28, 2009

CHRISTMAS!!!











Friday December 25, 2009

This Christmas is my first one away from home, family, and friends. I thought it would be said. However, it was not. I had so much to do. I got invited to so many Laguna families houses that I was so busy and sooooo FULL!

First, I woke up and had breakfast with the Che family. We had more tamales (I’m getting a little sick of them… I had too many this week.)

Next I texted all my family and friends back home. I also texted all my new Peace Corps friends for Christmas. I talked to my mom, dad, sister, and aunt donna. It is so nice to talk to people from back home.

I visited the Mohs house first. We ate ham, chicken, potatoes salad, cranberry, and rice and beans. It was so good. Everyone in Laguna is an excellent cook.

Then I went to the Acks house. They had BBQ pork , stew beans, and flour tortilla, as well as cake. I was too full from the other house to eat anything. I felt so rude. (I got it all wrapped up). At the Acks house I took tons of pictures… the one little girl there was the happiest little baby I have ever seen.

Next, I went to Miss Gloria. They had so much food too! Miss Gloria who is a very educated person… she studied abroad… and has a lot of experience in many areas, she invited me to take a tour of Laguna. I said YES! She took me around Laguna with the tourist Bill who was staying in Laguna for Christmas. He is traveling the world for 2 years now that he retired. He started his journey on Sept 1, 2009. I learned so much from the tour… as well as a lot from Mr. Bill. He gave me a lot of different suggestions of resources and books to read.

Next I visited the Shols house. I remembered that it was the little girl’s birthday. I asked her if she had cake today. She said no. I said oh you have to come home with me and get a piece. I had to pieces wrapped up that I did not eat from today. I gave one to her. Then I stayed at their house and took an hour worth of pictures. They all loved posing for the camera.

After that the last house I visited was the Pop’s. They had fire crackers and sparklers. I held a sparkler and it kept burning me… I kept screaming.

When I was walking home I saw something in the red burning in the middle of the stone road. I looked around and saw a kid. I said what is that? Is it going to explode? After I finished that question I took a step forward and the fire cracker blew up. I screamed bloody murder. Everyone came running to my rescue. The shop keeper came running outside and my host dad heard me all the way from the house. He came running too. It was pretty funny. (Again they think I am crazy!)

I had an excellent Christmas! I am very that I really enjoyed myself in Belize!

Disclaimer
This website expresses the views of Grace Boswell, who is entirely responsible for its content. It does not express the views of the United States government, the Belize government, the Peace Corps or any other institutions named or linked to on these pages.

No comments:

Post a Comment