Wednesday, December 23, 2009

December 2009 (Wow time is flying!)

Monday November 30, 2009


My first day back to school after break!



Tuesday December 1, 2009

I cannot believe it is December and the weather is sooo hot! Today I had my first kekchi tutoring lesson! I also did karate!



Wednesday December 2, 2009

Today I had an internet meeting about the Julian Cho booth. I am the president of the internet Laguna computer lab committee.



Thursday December 3, 2009

Kekchi and Karate again today 



Friday December 4, 2009

I picked up 2 packages from town today! Wooohooo thanks DAD and thanks Aunt Donna and Uncle Frank!



Saturday December 5, 2009

Today I went to my first engagement party in Belize! It is so different than US. They are both 17 years old. They courted for a few months and then he asked the parents if they could get married. She had no ring until the engagement party and there they sit in a big circle (parents, grandparents and discuss finances of when it is possible for them to get married). They chose the first weekend in April. I am so sad because Dena will be leaving Laguna and moving to Stann Creek with her new husband. I got to bond with her in Laguna and now she is leaving kinda soon.

Sunday December 6, 2009

Today I was supposed to have Spanish tutoring. However, I was sooo tired from my long week… that I just rested and watched New Moon… my favorite movie of the month! Thanks Erica for letting me borrow it!

Monday December 7, 2009

Today was another busy day at school. Greg a PCV was so kind to come and help me with IT things in our computer lab! Everyone is sooo nice to me! Thanks GREG!

Today I also taught writer workshops lessons and computer lessons.



Tues December 8, 2009 (The horrible BUM story)

Today I made my K’ekchi lesson. However, missed my karate lesson!

I did make it in to town to get internet. (My favorite). I have a horrible story about this bum… So on Garrifina Settlement day back Nov. 19, Katie (a PCV) told me that this man works so hard and is really hungry so give him 2 dollars. So since I did feel bad I did.

Then he approached me again with his cigarette and asked for 10 dollars another day. I said all I had for him was a dollar. Then he left. He continues to come up to me. I have to say no.

So the first time I said no… he gave me this whole big speech aren’t I Christian…. Blah blah blah. Then I walked away… he cursed every name in the book at me.

Then I saw him when I was getting food and I had a smile on my face (as usual and he said don’t you laugh at me you f…. b…..Uh I gave him 4 dollars total and he was never grateful and now he just curses at me. What a lousy man.



Wed. December 9, 2009

Today we had an internet fundraising meeting. It went well 



Thursday December 10, 2009

I sub-taught all day because my principal was sick.



Disclaimer
This website expresses the views of Grace Boswell, who is entirely responsible for its content. It does not express the views of the United States government, the Belize government, the Peace Corps or any other institutions named or linked to on these pages.

No comments:

Post a Comment