Monday, December 28, 2009

Swimming in Laguna’s Lagoon


Jungle Boys... jumping in the Lagoon


My Host Dad with Buddy


Burton chopping the boardwalk with a machete

My host siblings and me... not including Joseph and Marvin

Swimming and posing in Laguna's lagoon

My new workout


Too fun!

My host sister is addicted to her cell phone... I even left my phone at home

Lagoon

The boardwalk is so dangerous... broken in many places


The poor dog whose owner cut his ears off because he was a lazy hunting dog (so sad)





Sunday December 27, 2009

I am extremely happy with my day. I did a lot of working out. So that I burn off all those calories I ate on Christmas and Boxing Day. Today I ran around Laguna’s Circle four times and up the main road. It was a very hot, but nice run.

Then my whole host family went to the lagoon to go fishing. However, the lagoon was too high to catch any fish; therefore, we just swam in the lagoon the whole time. It was a lot of fun.

It felt so good to get a lot of workouts in today. I plan to swim more in the lagoon. Originally I thought it would be dirty and muddy. Yet, it was really clean and beautiful.



Disclaimer
This website expresses the views of Grace Boswell, who is entirely responsible for its content. It does not express the views of the United States government, the Belize government, the Peace Corps or any other institutions named or linked to on these pages.

No comments:

Post a Comment