Friday, May 7, 2010

Breaking and Backing Corn

Wednesday 28, 2010


Today I went back to the farm. Jaunita and I went to see the men breaking and backing corn. This was a much longer and hillier walk then the previous day.

Then men are REALLY HARD WORKERS!!! I could not get over it. They were out in the corn fields breaking the corn off the stalks and carrying it back to the house. It is heavy and they carried sooo much. Everything was done by man. I give these guys a lot of credit. (Physically they are in great shape and very strong).

There was a lot of dust out there... which might be the cause of my future sickness.... however, Belizean's blame my sickness on the heat.


Heading to the Corn Field in our 'uk and po'ot (skirt and blouse)


The Women baking the corn tortillas and chicken caldo




Disclaimer This website expresses the views of Grace Boswell, who is entirely responsible for its content. It does not express the views of the United States government, the Belize government, the Peace Corps or any other institutions named or linked to on these pages.

No comments:

Post a Comment