Friday, May 7, 2010

Sick w/ Bronchial Asthma from the dust outside or in my house

Thursday April 29, 2010


I woke up sick with fever, sore throat, runny nose and sneezing… ahhhhhhhhhhhhh



Friday April 30, 2010

I texted all my scuba girls and told them I would not be able to scuba this weekend because I was VERY SICK! Plus, you are not supposed to scuba with a little cold or allergy because you cant equalize… and I was way worse than a little cold.

SO SAD I MISSED SCUBA :(


Saturday May 1, 2010

Today I woke up still feeling like crap. I tried to do normal things… clean and bathe etc. But still felt awful. By the night time my cough was getting really bad.

Emily texted me and said that Bryan was going back to Belmopan in a PC vehicle tomorrow. I said I will go if I don’t feel better in the morning. I wanted to go to Belmopan to see Nurse Jackie… hoping she would cure me… I have been sick for too many days.



Sunday May 2, 2010

I went with Bryan and his wife Marla up to Belmopan. We had some very good conversation about my projects and my village. Even though I was very sickly I enjoyed my ride up to Belmopan with them.

I spent the night in the Garden City hotel… however, didn’t sleep much because of my cough and this wheezing sound that my chest was making.



Monday May 3, 2010

I met with Nurse Jackie today. She couldn’t believe how sick I was. She said if I would have waited any longer I would have been in the hospital… because I wouldn’t be breathing.

She said I have Bronchial Asthma. She gave me a liquid cough syrup, and syrup to clear my lungs, and pills for the infection… that I have to take until I go onto my trip May 13.

She told me I need to stay in Belmopan for a few days so she can monitor me.

Tuesday May 4, 2010

I went back to see Nurse Jackie. Not much improvement yet. She wanted me to get a blood test. So kent took me to get one. I thought I was getting better with my weak stomach. Well I was wrong. After they took my blood I turned white as a ghost and broke out in a cold sweat… uhhhh I hate that feeling. I asked for a bag. They gave me one; however, I didn’t need it because I didn’t vomit thank goodness!!!

Wednesday May 5, 2010

Today I am finishing up my blogging in the Garden City Hotel. It feels good to be catching up. I am still not feeling my best, but Nurse Jackie said I could head home.

So I am going to finish my blog, shower, pick up a few items, and then catch the bus at 4pm. (Another 6 hour ride home!)

I am actually not going straight home because Laguna is not on the highway. It is 4 miles in and I am not going to walk that with my bags and sickness. So I am going to stay with Emily at Forest Home. Miss Melanie will bring me into the village tomorrow for school.




Disclaimer This website expresses the views of Grace Boswell, who is entirely responsible for its content. It does not express the views of the United States government, the Belize government, the Peace Corps or any other institutions named or linked to on these pages.

No comments:

Post a Comment