Saturday, August 14, 2010

My long long long trip from Belize to Mexico to Miami to St. Thomas!

Tuesday May 11, 2010 I left after school with one of my teachers. All the school students wished me a safe and happy trip. They pleaded/joked to make sure I come back. I said “Heheh” (Yes) of course I will come back. Ms. Melanie, one of the teachers at Laguna, with a car took me to Emily house, the PCV that lives pretty close to me. I stayed with Emily at her house. We talked and discussed all about how much fun I will have in St. Thomas and how I haven’t seen Andrew in 9 whole months.


On Wednesday May 12, I got up extremely early to catch the 6am Express bus. Plus I was so excited to go on this trip that I could hardly sleep anyway. The bus took me to Belize City (7 hour bus ride) Then I traveled straight up to Orange Walk so that Christen could guide me through. I stayed at her house while she finished up her Yoga Classes. She was so kind to guide me.







The bus rides were long!!! Christen and I took a bus to Chetemal (Mexico). It was a pretty easy border crossing. However, I wish wish wish I spoke more Spanish. (Oh Cecy we should have practiced more hahahah ) Chetemal is really cool you can but lots of things there for a cheap price. After we crossed the boarder we took the bus to meet Christen’s friend Alvin, who is now my new Mexican friend!! He was sooo extremely nice. He took me to the bus station numerous times so that I knew where I was going and to ensure that I got a ticket to Cancun. We went to dinner and had delicious Mexican food. Then we went out for some tequila… bc we were in Mexico; however, I ordered wine lol.




They took me to the bus station at midnight (what a long day lots of busses and traveling and I am not even at the airport yet). They stayed to make sure I got on the bus because of my lack of Spanish. So I took the midnight bus and arrived in Cancun at 6am. I slept the whole bus ride. Then I waited around the Cancun airport for a while because I was super early. It’s a nice airport though. I got my first Starbucks caramel light frapachino. Sooo delicious… I miss starbucks. So I took my flight and had another layover in Miami. I was so excited on the plane to see Andrew I couldn’t stop smiling. I was trying to read; but I kept smiling and thinking of Andrew. I was nervous and filled with excitement.

No comments:

Post a Comment