Saturday, August 14, 2010

St. Thomas Wedding w/ Andrew!!! May 13-16, 2010

I finally made it St. Thomas. Thank goodness (after 15 hours on the bus) and waiting in the airport. It took me two whole days to get to St. Thomas. However, it was worth it when I saw Andrew. Uhhh the butterflies in my stomach!
I had an amazing trip with him. The first night I got to meet many of Andrew’s relatives. They are fun!!;)

Every day we swam and snorkeled in the beautiful sea. (I was a pro snorkeler I think because of my scuba courses). I could swim miles quickly… Susan Mary you would have been shocked. I think I could beat you in a race if I had fins on hahahah.

Everyone attended the rehearsal dinner which was awesome. It was BBQ style. I wore the new dress that Mrs. Husenica bought me: a pretty beach summer dress. We had many delicious frozen drinks!

The next day was the wedding, which was gorgeous and right on the beach. It was a small wedding of 50 people and I was extremely lucky to be there because Andrew paid for my whole trip. The beach looked beautiful. Of course I took a million pictures because it was picture perfect. The view from out hotel was amazing. We were kinda on a mountain. St. Thomas is very hilly. So we did a lot of walking up and down... pretty good exercise bw the walking and snorkeling.

Then the day after the wedding we had a fare well brunch. I spent my time with Andrew and really truly enjoyed myself. I got emotional at some points, but he consoled me. I think it was sooo emotions going through me. .. being away for so long, going to a wedding can be emotional etc…. haha

It was hard to say good bye to Andrew. However, it was not that difficult because I would see him in less than a month. I was super pumped for my next vacation home to NJ June 25-July 9. Those 4 days were amazing.

Well after Andrew dropped me off at the St. Thomas airport. I waited 15 hours there because there were mechanical problems on my plane. I missed my second flight; therefore, I would have to spend the night in Cancun once the plane got up and working. Andrew helped me make sure I could stay in Cancun at a hotel for free and that they paid for my meals. He kept telling me that it was the air companies fault not my fault. He really comforted me because that was a stressful time in the airport. I kinda have bad luck with my flying experiences and they are when I all alone.

Oh ps I forgot to mention how incredibly nice Mrs. Husenica was she spent hours on the phone changing my flight so I could land in Belize rather than Cancun. Cancun was just too long, too complicated, and expensive. I was so grateful to Mr. and Mrs. Husenica for sending me home to Belize.








Disclaimer This website expresses the views of Grace Boswell, who is entirely responsible for its content. It does not express the views of the United States government, the Belize government, the Peace Corps or any other institutions named or linked to on these pages.

No comments:

Post a Comment