Saturday, August 14, 2010

Festival of the Arts

The week of May 17- 21, 2010 was festival of the Arts in PG. There were lots of different arts and crafts one day. I saw such a variety. Laguna did not place however, they had very creative items.
Also, there were performances. I taught my girls a dance to the Slum Dog Millionaire song. It was stressful because I only had one week to teach the girls (and honestly you kinda can’t learn and perfect a dance that quickly). The girls did their best and I was happy for them!

Also, Victoria one Std. 6 girl wrote an essay about how she almost died from her snake bite. I sat there and helped her proof read it. We talked about the story for a while. She submitted it to the festival of arts in expressive writing category. She won first place!!! YAY GO Victoria!




Side note I have no pics of the crafts because my computer broke this week!!!



Disclaimer This website expresses the views of Grace Boswell, who is entirely responsible for its content. It does not express the views of the United States government, the Belize government, the Peace Corps or any other institutions named or linked to on these pages.

No comments:

Post a Comment