Friday, May 7, 2010

K’eckhci Training in Tumulkin

Later in that week (actually Jan 21... my mom's bday!... Happy Birthday MOM)  I was out of my village for K’ekchi Language training. We had a 3 day practice course in Tumulkin (a high school far back in villages.) The students there go to school for 2 weeks and then get off the 3rd week. They live in dorm during the 2 weeks they are there at school. Then they go home for the third week. The high school students do that all year. We have a couple students who attend Tumulkin High School in Laguna Village.

All us first year K'ekchi Volunteers got together to have a 3 day session on K'ekchi. We stayed in the dorms and had lots of laughs!


Tumulkin is very beautiful. We went to a river and cave there which was so nice… however, I hate these old navy flip flops I fall in them every day. A couple of us went to the cave and I lagged behind because of my shoes and because I wanted to take so many pictures. Hahahah









Disclaimer This website expresses the views of Grace Boswell, who is entirely responsible for its content. It does not express the views of the United States government, the Belize government, the Peace Corps or any other institutions named or linked to on these pages.

No comments:

Post a Comment