Friday, May 7, 2010

Learning Something New Everyday

Sunday, April 11, 2010


The Cowo family has been inviting me over to their house forever. However, there was always something going on and I was busy so I couldn’t make it. Finally today I went over their house. I was a bit late so some of the family already went to the farm.

They girls that were at home taught me how to make bracelets. So I weaved bracelets all day. They said I was slow at first… however, I am a fast learner because now I am quick. Mayans tell everything literally… no sugar coating anything. They can be very blunt which takes me by surprise.

I enjoyed myself at their house… and glad I finally learned how to make bracelets. Next I need to learn how to make cuxtals and baskets.

Disclaimer This website expresses the views of Grace Boswell, who is entirely responsible for its content. It does not express the views of the United States government, the Belize government, the Peace Corps or any other institutions named or linked to on these pages.

No comments:

Post a Comment