Friday, May 7, 2010

Thatch House Celebration

Saturday, April 10, 2010


I got invited to Mr. Ack’s house for chicken caldo because they were building a thatch house. I wanted to see the thatch house being built; however, I completely missed it because I had to go to town to buy some groceries (fruits and veggies). By the time I got back I missed the thatch being built. The men put up a thatch house so quickly. There were about 15 men there… each with a specific job… they have it down to a science. It is really interesting. I want to learn more because supposedly there are different kinds of thatch house and different styles. Some that last 5 years and some that last 20 years. First I want to witness one being built and then I will ask my thousands of questions…

T.E.A Guest House in Laguna... which is one of the many thatch houses in Laguna!


Disclaimer This website expresses the views of Grace Boswell, who is entirely responsible for its content. It does not express the views of the United States government, the Belize government, the Peace Corps or any other institutions named or linked to on these pages.

No comments:

Post a Comment