Friday, May 7, 2010

Nim Li Punit and 4am Cooking



Then I went to Indians Creek Nim li Punit a maya ruins. Nim li Punit in K’ekchi mean big Hat. I went with my host sister Carmelita and had lots of fun… while learning a lot too!



This weekend I also helped the women cook at 4am in the morning. I always say the only reason I can’t be K’ekchi is because I am not a morning person (all the women get up sooo early to begin cooking) and because I won’t kill a chicken or pig (In order to eat the women do that). I give a lot of credit to the K’ekchi women. They are very hardworking ladies!


Disclaimer This website expresses the views of Grace Boswell, who is entirely responsible for its content. It does not express the views of the United States government, the Belize government, the Peace Corps or any other institutions named or linked to on these pages.

No comments:

Post a Comment