Thursday, October 28, 2010

Ashley’s visit to Laguna

Sept 14-16, 2010

Ashley a second year volunteer, who is leaving to go home in October, came to visit me and help me with my preschool. Before we left Belmopan we stopped at a stationary store and her and I bought some items for the preschool. Ashley was very very generous!

Again it was a long bus ride home, but we finally made it to Laguna. She got to see my preschool. She helped make homemade paper dolls (cutest ever) and wrote down many songs to sing to my preschool.

Tuesday night I took her on a tour of Laguna. I took her to as many villagers houses as possible.

All the kids took a definite liking to Ashley. Right away they called her Miss Ash. They automatically shorten names if possible. Mines not possible but hers was. She said all the kids in her village call her Miss Ash too. (Days after Ashley left the kids were still talking and asking where Miss Ash were). Hahah thanks for all your help Ashley!





Disclaimer This website expresses the views of Grace Boswell, who is entirely responsible for its content. It does not express the views of the United States government, the Belize government, the Peace Corps or any other institutions named or linked to on these pages.

No comments:

Post a Comment