Thursday, October 28, 2010

Raquelia and Hosea Wedding

Sept 5, 2010 was the wedding of Raquelia and Josea. I was very happy for Raquelia she was looked so beautiful that day. Her dress was gorgeous. The wedding was at the House of Prayer in Laguna. It was not as long as the Catholic Church wedding was a few weeks ago in Indian creek.

On Sunday after I was showered and dressed in poot and uk (K’eckhi outfit) I was surprised by Amy (a PCV) showing up at my front door. I was so happy! I don’t get many visitors in Laguna, but she finally made it. We went to the wedding together and had pork caldo and pooch. It was nice to spend the day with Amy… she taught me a few new k’ekchi words. Side note… Amy and another villager taught me the quick way to learn kekchi I just have to kiss a kekchi boy and then I learn the language. Well I’m not gonna do that… but, I told Amy to give it try. Hahah












Disclaimer This website expresses the views of Grace Boswell, who is entirely responsible for its content. It does not express the views of the United States government, the Belize government, the Peace Corps or any other institutions named or linked to on these pages.

No comments:

Post a Comment