Saturday, November 27, 2010

Medical Exams for my Bronchial Asthma

Monday November 22, 2010


I called my PC Nurse Jackie to tell her that I have been suffering for 2 weeks with a deep cough and wheezing at night even though she sent me medicine. I took them all but it didnt cure me. 

She told me to get on the next bus to Belize city so that I could get examined, and that is what I did.


Tuesday November 23, 2010
Today I went to the doctors. I received an x-ray that said I had bronchitis. Then I had to blow into this machine that measured my lung capacity… it said it was 50% of what my lungs should do. My lungs are really closed up. They put me on many meds, antibiotics and an inhaler and want to see me in 3 weeks. The doctor believes it is the mold in my house that is making me sick. He said I don’t have permanent asthma, but I do have bronchitis with an asthmatic form.

That night Amy, Heather, Alex and I went to a Belizean Film festival… in reality it was just one movie showing. The movie was awesome it was about a man from the Caribbean and his steal pan.


Wednesday November 24, 2010
I spent the day in Belmopan on the internet uploading pictures. Jenna and I were the only PCVs in the PC Office; hence why we were the only ones that got to sorta attend the PC Staff lunch Thanksgiving.
After lunch we took the freezing cold express to Erica’s house in PG!





Disclaimer This website expresses the views of Grace Boswell, who is entirely responsible for its content. It does not express the views of the United States government, the Belize government, the Peace Corps or any other institutions named or linked to on these pages.

No comments:

Post a Comment