Saturday, November 27, 2010

Safety and Security Issue in Belize

Friday October 29, 2010
Here is my report on the harassment I experienced in Belize City:

I was staying at the Backadeer in Belize City for my one year medical exam (Oct 30). I went to the Chinese shop a bloke away (the one that the Backadeer manager told me to go to). I went to buy $20.00 digicell credit because it was double up. As I was paying the cashier this lady (late 20 or early 30s, light brown hair, 5’5) came up and put her arm around me and says that I know you. I look at her and say I do not know you. Then she rips the 50.00 dollar bill out of my hand that I was handing the cashier and I quickly snatch it back. The cashier said this lady is crazy and told her to go away. However, the girl continued to follow me to the hotel screaming give me 10 or 20 dollars, I know you are rich, you are rich etc. I went into the hotel lobby and she disappeared.

The taxi driver said he could tell I was from New Jersey… bc I got my money back ;)


Disclaimer This website expresses the views of Grace Boswell, who is entirely responsible for its content. It does not express the views of the United States government, the Belize government, the Peace Corps or any other institutions named or linked to on these pages.

No comments:

Post a Comment