Friday, May 13, 2011

I am allergic to mangos

Friday May 6, 2011


Today I went to Belmopan to see Dr. Craig about my spreading rashes. Dr. Craig and Nurse Jackie think I am allergic to the mango tree and skin (that produces milk). Poison ivy doesn’t exist here in Belize. Being allergic to mango skin is common for us PCVs to catch the rash. A few other volunteers have the same exact thing I have. Mine is pretty bad they think it must have rubbed on my back pack or clothing because it keeps spreading (arms and behind my leg). They put me on 5 oral steroids and a strong cream to cure it.

PS I can still eat the fruit if it is already peeled. I just can't touch the skin!

Disclaimer This website expresses the views of Grace Boswell, who is entirely responsible for its content. It does not express the views of the United States government, the Belize government, the Peace Corps or any other institutions named or linked to on these pages.

No comments:

Post a Comment