Thursday, August 11, 2011

So Proud of my PRESCHOOLERS!!! Happy Graduation!

Wednesday June 22, 2011
Today was the Standard 6 and Preschool Graduation. There were 9 Standard 6 graduating and 6 preschooler graduates! Overall the graduation ran very smoothly!!! I was very pleased








Oh my gosh after the graduation there were so many parties the 4 teachers and I were invited to…

1-      Shols (who served chicken, rice and beans, potato salad and plantain- juice with sprite in it)

2-      Cucul (tamales with chicken inside- all sorts of soft drink)

3-      Ico (chicken caldo with corn tortilla and ground food with lime juice)

4-      Pops (chicken caldo with corn tortilla with soft drink)

5-      Acks (pork with rice and soft drink)

6-      Saculs (pork caldo with pooch and soft drink)

I ate a tiny bit at each house…. It was a privilege to be invited to 6 parties. The year before I was only invited to 1 party because all the parties were at the same time. This year they were spread out throughout the whole day. PS The K’ekchi culture thinks you are rude if you don’t eat what they prepare… so that is why I have gained the 15lbs… I can’t wait to lose it when I get back to the states!!! Too much food!... but, I am very happy for the new graduates!

Disclaimer This website expresses the views of Grace Boswell, who is entirely responsible for its content. It does not express the views of the United States government, the Belize government, the Peace Corps or any other institutions named or linked to on these pages.

No comments:

Post a Comment