Thursday, August 11, 2011

School Party and End of the Year Clean up

Thursday and Friday June 23 and 24, 2011


Surprisingly the standard 6 graduates still come back to school for the last two days even though they have graduated. I find that weird (I did not have my preschoolers come back after they graduated).  The Std. 6 and all the primary school students come back for the end of the year party (rice and beans and chicken… more food!!) Also Friday was dedicated to cleaning and organizing.  Teachers and students are getting ready for the next school year. 2 out of the 4 teachers will be back. Mr. Garcia (my principal and counterpart) will be back as well as Ms. Rose (who I love!).  I love Ms. Melanie and Ms. Filberta too… I am sad they are leaving Laguna Government School. Ms. Melanie is going to move to the states; she already has a possible job lined up because she has family and friends in LA. Ms. Filberta is going on study leave. She is going to get her associates in primary education. Belize offers study leave to their teachers to increase their education. I think it is a wonderful program. These teachers still get a salary and get to study at the University of Belize… this is to improve the education system and teachers of Belize! I will miss them though. I hope to keep in touch with them since they both have facebook and emails!


Disclaimer This website expresses the views of Grace Boswell, who is entirely responsible for its content. It does not express the views of the United States government, the Belize government, the Peace Corps or any other institutions named or linked to on these pages.

No comments:

Post a Comment