Monday, September 26, 2011

Hurricane Consolidation

Friday August 19, 2011
Today my warden texted me that we are on alert for a hurricane and that we might need to head to Belmopan for consolidation. I packed my hurricane bucket with all useful items needed in case of emergency. Nate (my warden) finally confirmed around noon that we will all need to go to Belmopan because the hurricane is predicted to hit. I rode on the bus with Amy, Kevina and some fun newbies up to Belmopan. It is always great to catch up with new and old PCV friends!  

Saturday August 20, 2011
Today we were stuck in the Garden City Hotel. The best parts of the consolidation were my insanity workout, zumba workout and just hanging out with PCVs.








Sunday August 21, 2011
The hurricane thank goodness didn’t hit Belize at all. Therefore, we were allowed to go back to our villages. I was sad though I still couldn’t make it to the wedding or trip to San Miguel that my Laguna villagers were planning.


Disclaimer This website expresses the views of Grace Boswell, who is entirely responsible for its content. It does not express the views of the United States government, the Belize government, the Peace Corps or any other institutions named or linked to on these pages.

No comments:

Post a Comment