Sunday, February 5, 2012

Crazy Day

Thursday September 29, 2011

Today we had no school because it was BNTU meetings in town. I went to PG to get my last of my groceries. I wouldn’t be buying anymore because I will be leaving the village soon for good L So I rode my bike to the junction and then went into town. I did all my shopping; however, I put my box of food on a different bus. I was panicking that the bus had already left.  I didn’t know what to do because I only had my name on the box (not the name of my village). I was planning to take the other bus with Ms. Maria and her family I tried calling their phone to see if they could get my box for me. Their phone was dead. But, luckily their brother-in-law was on the bus with them. He called me that they would get the box when they got off the bus. Therefore, all my groceries made it to Laguna… thanks to the Iche family!

After getting back from PG and putting all my groceries away I went visiting villagers to say my goodbyes.
While visiting I got a call from my principal that the barrels we have been waiting for are on their way and they should be in the village sometime this night. The barrels ended up not coming until midnight (3 kids from across the street stayed up and waited with me.) I finally got the call and we all went in the pouring rain to open the school and put the barrels in the classroom.

I was so excited the barrels actually made it. This donation project has given me such heartache. So happy everything made it safe and sound to Laguna Village! 







Disclaimer This website expresses the views of Grace Boswell, who is entirely responsible for its content. It does not express the views of the United States government, the Belize government, the Peace Corps or any other institutions named or linked to on these pages.

No comments:

Post a Comment