Sunday, February 5, 2012

Thank you to everyone who helped with the barrel project!

Friday September 30, 2011

Today I woke up early to continue my house to house visits with all the villagers. However, during midafternoon I had a call from the principal that he was on his way to look at the barrels and sort through them (and see all the new computers that were sent).

The teachers and villagers were excited to open the barrels.

When I started looking at the items I noticed a Kekchi song book and I wondered why that would have been shipped from the states. Then I realized that Paula shipped back all my stuff that I had given her to bring home when she visited me in Dec 2010. It was all my teaching clothes and books. She sent it all back and a lot of my teaching clothes got sold to the villagers already. I was able to salvage one dress skirt and one dress pants and all the books. These barrels were still causing me heartache because I would have to find space in my suitcase to bring home about 15 books that were already home!

Anyway, I was happy the villagers were so excited to receive all the items and computers! I was most excited that Laguna Gov’t School was going to have 10 working computers!!!










Disclaimer This website expresses the views of Grace Boswell, who is entirely responsible for its content. It does not express the views of the United States government, the Belize government, the Peace Corps or any other institutions named or linked to on these pages.

No comments:

Post a Comment