Sunday, February 5, 2012

Laguna Government School's Farewell Party to me

Friday October 7, 2011

Today is my big farewell party at Laguna Government School. It was a hard day for me. When the time came I wanted to say my speech, but I couldn’t speak… my eyes teared up. I made a slideshow of the pictures from the past years of everyone in the school. The teachers all presented me with cards from the students. It was so nice. They sang me songs/chants. I finally was able to say my speech. They made me a cake and we had cohune cabbage. It was a very special day that I will never forget. All the kids gave me hugs and said how much they will miss me. I will miss every one of them!

I went over to my host families for dinner because they apologized and invited me over. Let’s just say it didn’t end nicely they again were stealing from me. I will not be in contact with that family. I have learned my lesson… they showed me who they are and I should believe them. 











Disclaimer This website expresses the views of Grace Boswell, who is entirely responsible for its content. It does not express the views of the United States government, the Belize government, the Peace Corps or any other institutions named or linked to on these pages.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, this Farewell Party looks nice. I am sure you enjoyed it a lot. Anyways, we are also going to host such a farewell party for our sister who is going abroad for higher studies. For the bash I have booked one of the best home studios NYC and I am sure that it will turn out to be an enjoyable day.

    ReplyDelete