Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Day 4

Sunday August 23, 2009

The plans for today was for all the trainees (or rather who wanted to go) to the river and missed the Kickball game. I slept in until 12:30pm. Then we got in the van to go to a river. We went and had a ball. It was absolutely gorgeous with the rocks and clear water. We swam in the shade... so I did not get burnt. Everyone was jumping of the rope swing. I jumped of a 20 ft. cliff twice (once I did a cannon ball and then I attempted a toe touch!) I also swam the whole time... which I was very excited about because I felt like I got an intense workout for the day. An hour before we were leaving many many local kids came and played in the water. I was sooo excited I bonded and played with a lot of them. They spoke English well! I had a couple of them counting and then diving in the water... some of the volunteers asked if I was placed in education... and I said yes... they said they could tell. I took that as a compliment :) Next, we walked half way back to the hotel and then a P.C. manager picked us up and gave us a tour of Belmopan circle. I got to see the embassy which was exciting! There are cameras surrounding the whole building. I was also informed that if you step on the ground there you are considered to be on U.S. government soil. Then a few of us got changed and went to the Chinese restaurant called Friendships. They were the only place to eat in the whole town because everything is closed on Sundays. So we got food and then went to the kickball game which was already over :( Now I am in the computer lab trying to upload pictures. However, it is taking forever!!!


Disclaimer
This website expresses the views of Grace Boswell, who is entirely responsible for its content. It does not express the views of the United States government, the Belize government, the Peace Corps or any other institutions named or linked to on these pages.

No comments:

Post a Comment