Friday, September 11, 2009

The Market... and then slave cooking all day lol!

Tuesday September 8, 2009
The four of us went to the market today… (Kevina, Greg, Amy and I). We bought our food by using the language K’ekchi! It was quite the experience. (I had chocolate ideal… basically chocolate water ice in a bag). SOOO GOOD! Then we had lunch and then back to the resource center for Erin’s session.
After that we (the four trainees, my language teacher, and my host family) cooked from 3-7 making/killing the turkey!!!!! We ate at my host family’s house! We made a Belizean soup… it is a lot of work! All four of us trainees prepared dinner. But, it was also a lot of fun and I am gradually learning to cook!

Disclaimer
This website expresses the views of Grace Boswell, who is entirely responsible for its content. It does not express the views of the United States government, the Belize government, the Peace Corps or any other institutions named or linked to on these pages.

No comments:

Post a Comment