Saturday, October 3, 2009

Another GREAT day... p.s. shush

Monday September 28, 2009

Today I got up and did a workout! It was a great way to start the day. Then I and Celestino did all the cooking this morning (my host mom and host sister were shocked how well we did)! Then I got a text from my LCF Ms. Carmelina saying that class would not start until 9 am! So I got to help do all the dishes by hand. It takes a lot of time. First we do a pre-rinse to get all the food and grease off the plates. Then we wash it fully and then rinse fully. We take our time and carefully clean each piece. It took over an hour. Then I showered… in the rain again. I put my towel in a plastic bag and then take it out when my bucket bath is over.
Next, we had language class about house hold items from 9-12pm. When I came home Sister Garcia and her husband were at my host family’s house (they are from the Jehovah Witness congregations). They came over to cook us soup because Mrs. Kus has been sick all week with the flu (maybe dengue?) and horrible back pain. When I came home I reviewed more K’ekchi words with the whole family… lots of learning happens during training!
After lunch then Ginnie taught us a session on extracurricular activities, such as setting up libraries and computer classes. Then we worked on our FreeHop and finished our Safety and Security Packet.
After that I went home and bonded with the family for the rest of the night and then went to bed.

P.S. Gossip is called “SHUSH” here in Belize. The latest shush is that the teachers are on strike because they did not get paid on Friday.



Disclaimer
This website expresses the views of Grace Boswell, who is entirely responsible for its content. It does not express the views of the United States government, the Belize government, the Peace Corps or any other institutions named or linked to on these pages.

No comments:

Post a Comment