Saturday, October 3, 2009

Last day of training and being at my host family's house

Thursday October 1, 2009

8:00 am Meet in Maya Mopan and travel to Georgeville9-10:00 am Daily Chat: Discuss Workshop
10-11:00am FREEHOP and SWOT (we did this to learn more about our communities)
11:00-12:00 Tech Training Wrap Up ( I can’t believe training is coming to an end!)

Group Lunch in San Ignacio! I really wouldn’t want to live in San Ignacio. It is too busy and city like. (Plus the last time I was here I was deathly sick… bad memories).
1:30-3pm Work on Presentations
3pm Maya Mopan return to site
3:30-5 Language and Culture Wrap up (Game review)
Greg and Kevinas host mom has dengue so they had to leave their house to go to the Garden City Hotel. They don’t want them to get sick too.
I enjoyed my last night with my host family. We played cards, told stories, and reminisced. Mrs. Kus made pumpkin stew… it was such a treat! We also had picary meat, sauce and tortillas, as well as marsh mellows and chips.

Disclaimer
This website expresses the views of Grace Boswell, who is entirely responsible for its content. It does not express the views of the United States government, the Belize government, the Peace Corps or any other institutions named or linked to on these pages.

No comments:

Post a Comment