Saturday, October 3, 2009

Teacher Workshop in Belize City

Wednesday September 30, 2009

Today I got up and started packing L My least favorite thing to do in the whole entire world. I hate packing!!!!
At 8am Ginnie picked us up to go to Belmopan. Kevina and Greg were having an awful morning. All their electronics (ipod, computer, camera, hard drive, flash drive etc) had a virus on it. (That means my computer might have a virus on it too… bc they transferred pictures on it last night). Also, Greg’s glasses broke this morning… and I didn’t bring my computer to Belmopan L Not good…
I did get a chance to check my email and write back to a few people! After we left Belmopan Head Quarters at 8:30am we traveled to Belize City for our workshop. We went to St. Luke’s school first. It was great to see a Kriol school. It is so different than a Mayan school. The Kriol schools are much loader! Lol… I belong there! J/K
For lunch we went to Ginnie and Anthony’s CBT host family for lunch. It was delicious. We had chicken, rice and beans, potato salad, green salad, and bread pudding.
After we meet with the principal at Ginnie site school (Trinity Methodist school). We saw the library that Ginnie set up. We got a tour of the library and computer room. From 2-2:30 we set up for the workshop. From 2:30-4 it was the teacher training workshop diagnostic assessments.
Then I returned to site at 6pm for dinner and homework.

Disclaimer
This website expresses the views of Grace Boswell, who is entirely responsible for its content. It does not express the views of the United States government, the Belize government, the Peace Corps or any other institutions named or linked to on these pages.

No comments:

Post a Comment