Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Placencia (first mini vacation)








Oct 30, 2009

I am going to Placencia for the night. Today I traveled at 6 am to go to Placencia. I met Lilly and Taylor on the streets of Punta Gorda. There were many volunteers who went. I swam in the beautiful water and stayed on the beach all day. I have never swum in such warm nice water.

So many locals came up to me to sell me things… I get annoyed because they don’t realize that I am not a tourist. Placencia is very nice, but expensive.



Oct 31, 20009 (Halloween)

Back to Punta Gorda. I attended the BBQ for the House of Prayer/worship. They had a fundraiser to get instruments for the band. They charged five dollars a ticket. There is a lot of fund raising that needs to be done in Laguna.

(Kids don’t trick-or-treat in my village)



Disclaimer
This website expresses the views of Grace Boswell, who is entirely responsible for its content. It does not express the views of the United States government, the Belize government, the Peace Corps or any other institutions named or linked to on these pages.

No comments:

Post a Comment