Monday, December 28, 2009

Visiting Villagers




Sunday December 20, 2009

Today I went around Laguna and visited the villagers. I want to get to know all the Laguna people. It is important to integrate fully in the community.

I visited Ms. Jacqueline. She is a Spanish (Guatemalan) speaking Belizean. I went over to discuss some Spanish vocabulary practice. However, we mainly talked about fundraising ideas for Laguna’s Computer Internet Lab. (It was really beneficial to visit her … I learned many new ideas).

I also visited the alcade, Mr. Coy, and tutored his daughter for the spelling bee.

I visited the Pops as well and they invited me to their Christmas party (they were having that night). It was lots of fun. I saw many villagers and practiced my K’ekchi with them.



Monday December 21, 2009

There is a cold front in Belize. It is SOOO chilly. I am very surprised… I didn’t think that Belize got that cold. I froze last night. I kept getting up and adding more blankets, sweatshirts, and sweatpants. I even added put a towel around my head because I my thatch house lets all the air come in the roof and wooden walls.

Today was a lazy Christmas break day. I read my book, The Last Flight of the Scarlet Macaw. It is an excellent book about Belize. I could relate and understand so much of it… especially since I live in Belize!

My host family and I borrowed the movie 2012 from the Pop family. We watched it… I really liked it. I learned even more about the Mayans from that movie.




Disclaimer
This website expresses the views of Grace Boswell, who is entirely responsible for its content. It does not express the views of the United States government, the Belize government, the Peace Corps or any other institutions named or linked to on these pages.

No comments:

Post a Comment