Friday, May 7, 2010

Santa Teresa Deer Dance


April 1-2, 2010 Santa Teresa


For the Easter holiday I went Santa Teresa to see the Deer Dance, which was super cool. The men wear beautiful costumes and dance all day to the sound of the marimba playing.

I had a lot of fun in Santa Teresa. We chilled in Amy’s village and made delicious food. I got to play with all her fun villager kids…. Which was a blast. They loved my camera. My camera ran out of batteries the first day. I was so sad because Amy has no electricity either. I guess I am spoiled living in Laguna. I have electricity and running water… with a flush toilet!!! YAY no latrine. We bathed in the river, which was fun but cold! I said I would be back soon! I really liked Amy’s village the people were sooo nice and friendly (sa chire le sa… means nicer than the nicest in K’kechi)







Disclaimer This website expresses the views of Grace Boswell, who is entirely responsible for its content. It does not express the views of the United States government, the Belize government, the Peace Corps or any other institutions named or linked to on these pages.

No comments:

Post a Comment