Monday, March 7, 2011

Boxing Day

Monday December 27, 2010
In the afternoon we had lunch at Miss Jackaline’s house. Andrew got to try gibnut caldo (Gibnut is a type of meat in Belize. It is called the royal rat because gibnut is in the rat family and the Queen of England ate it when she came to Belize.

After lunch we went into town to give Mr. Garcia his Christmas gift (dvd player from the states). His wife told me he wanted one and since he is such a great counterpart I got him one. After Andrew met Mr. Garcia my counterpart we went to Greg and Kevina’s house. Andrew got to meet them and I finally got to meet Kevina’s sister! Greg and Andrew bonded over movies and Kevina and Andrew bonded over EMT grossness. Jk. Kevina made us dinner (mac and cheese) and delicious cake for dessert. We left around 7pm with a long drive ahead of us to Caves Branch.

When we arrived at caves branch it was pretty late. We stayed the night in a cabanna, which was like sleeping outside (it was all screened in and thatch roof). It was beautiful there especially all the stars. What I remember the most from that night is that I could not stop laughing. I felt like the people behind us were in the room with us. We could hear the guy snore and they could hear me laughing in hysterics.






Disclaimer This website expresses the views of Grace Boswell, who is entirely responsible for its content. It does not express the views of the United States government, the Belize government, the Peace Corps or any other institutions named or linked to on these pages.

No comments:

Post a Comment