Monday, March 7, 2011

Cave Tubing

Tuesday December 28, 2010
River tubing was so amazing. It was cold, but definitely worth it. Andrew and I and a group of about 6 more people got in out tire made tubes. It was really amazing floating down a river through a series of caves. Andrew kind of stunk at it… a couple times he had to stand up and walk rather than floating down the river. I think he had fun though.


The tour was awesome. I would definitely recommend it. However, I would not recommend wearing high boots like Andrew did. The water was trapped in his shoes all day, which added another 20lbs to him… lol.




The tour guide took us through the river (open air) and then through cool cavern caves. Some parts we got out and hiked thought the cave to see the stalactites, stalagmites, crystalline formations and artifacts from ancient Maya rituals. The cave we went through was special it is called footprint cave because archeologist found footprints that date back to the ancient Maya people. At lunch time we all had a picnic in the cave; we all got to make our own flour tortilla sandwiches. It was really cool.



Some parts were pretty scary. I get nervous when we started rock climbing, but I was happy I had my boyfriend behind me to give me an extra push or make sure I didn’t fall. It was a pretty thrilling day.



The end of the day was GREAT too because we got to jump off a high cliff into the river. I did it twice and Andrew did it once because he hit his butt hard on a rock because he forgot to bend his legs!

That night instead of staying at the cabana we stayed at the bungalow. The bungalow was gorgeous, much nicer than many of the places I stayed in Belize.









Disclaimer This website expresses the views of Grace Boswell, who is entirely responsible for its content. It does not express the views of the United States government, the Belize government, the Peace Corps or any other institutions named or linked to on these pages.

No comments:

Post a Comment