Sunday, February 5, 2012

The Sacul's wedding (and my last full day in Laguna!)

Sunday October 9, 2011
I can’t believe today is here. It is my last full day in my village! I lasted 2 years in my village! What an experience I had!

So today is Ricardo’s and Miriams wedding! I am excited I get to celebrate with them! It was the first wedding I went to at the Pentecostal Church. It was really nice. There were bridesmaids and groomsmen all dressed up. Their two baby girls were baptized. (I often see that in the village—they get married, baptize their kids all in the same day.) It is common in the village to have kids before you are married. Common law is very common in the village ;)

Their wedding was one of the best weddings I have been to…. Very fun! They had lots of food options (caldo, bbq, or rice and beans). They had loud music and people danced! Also there was delicious cake and dessert handed out to everyone!  I really enjoyed myself. However, I got really burnt trying to get around to talk to everyone. Can’t believe my Peace Corps Experience is almost Complete!!!
















Disclaimer This website expresses the views of Grace Boswell, who is entirely responsible for its content. It does not express the views of the United States government, the Belize government, the Peace Corps or any other institutions named or linked to on these pages.

No comments:

Post a Comment